Rules and Regulations for Short Video Contest
Discover Dominica Authority
- The short video contest is open to all Dominicans, residents and visitors. Employees of the Discover Dominica Authority
and their families are NOT eligible to enter this contest.
- All videos must be submitted online via www.discoverdominica.com.
- Videos must be in AVI or MP4 format.
- A video contest release form must also be submitted with the video. Additional information on uploading videos is available
on www.discoverdominica.com and the Discover Dominica Authority FaceBook page.
- Video should highlight ways in which we can re-discover Dominica.
- Video should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- Video must be original.
- Video can be shot with a full crew or mobile phone
- All production techniques and genres such as drama, documentation, experimental etc can be used.
- Videos containing nudity, inappropriate language, illegal activity and/or any objectionable content will not be eligible.
- The DDA reserves the right to use ALL videos submitted on its social media.
- Date for submission of videos are 12:00 a.m on July 31st, 2013.
- Persons will be allowed to vote for one or more videos on www.discoverdominica.com and on the
Discover Dominica facebook page.
- Voting will begin on August 5th, 2013 and will end on August 23rd, 2013.
- The top three videos will be selected.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
Winner - $500.00 and 2 VIP season tickets to the WCMF
1st Runner up - $250.00 and 2 Ground season tickets to the WCMF
2nd Runner up - $100.00 and 2 Ground passes for Saturday night
Videos selected in the top three and those posted for voting must comply with having the videos shown on all
DDA social media and other extensions.
Selection and Announcement of Winners
Potential winners will be contacted by email or phone. The contest release form which can be found
on www.discoverdominica.com must be completed and submitted along with the video in order to be eligible.
Contest winners names and videos will be posted on www.discoverdominica.com, the Discover Dominica Authority
facebook page and other mediums.